Stowe Australia was awarded the contract for the replacement of the existing main switchboard and associated works at the Reserve Bank of Australia’s Head Office in Martin Place. In addition to the electrical component of the works Stowe, as principal contractor were responsible for all building and services works associated with the services upgrade.
The scope of work included the following:
- Enabling works including a comprehensive dilapidation survey and modifications to existing services to allow the main works to proceed.
- Building works associated with the construction of two new main switchrooms and conversion of the existing main switchroom to a storage facility.
- Mechanical services installation.
- Fire services including sprinkler, hydrant, Vesda and EWIS systems installation and modifications.
- Security and BMCS works.
- Hydraulic services works.
- The installation of three new main switchboards and associated equipment, consumer mains and submain reticulation to connect to the existing building infrastructure.
- Connection of the new boards to the existing main switchboard with parallel consumers mains to enable loads to be cut over in accordance with a detailed programme developed by Stowe in consultation with the Bank and Bassett Engineering.
- Liasing with the Supply Authority to upgrade the existing substation facilities.
- Strip out and removal of all redundant equipment.