Stowe Australia was awarded the contract for the installation of electrical and communications infrastructure for the Sydney Processing Centre, from our client Bovis Lend Lease. The Sydney Processing Centre is Australia’s largest purpose built, single user non-government data centre facility; consisting of 2 x 1000m² data halls with a GFA of in excess of 8000m² largely containing supporting plant areas. The building is exclusively data centre space with 300m² of open plan office space dedicated to related Data Centre/BCP activities and supporting areas. The facility is constructed to strict TIA-942 Tier III Standards.
Due to complex Client contractual circumstances, works were constructed in two defined stages, delineating the Builders Construction contract from the specialised and complex end user client fit-out requirements. Stowe was contracted to both of these Principal parties in various stages of work, and also by their contracted agents and partners. Stowe continued to be engaged by the End User to carry out new works and changes within the Data Hall environment.
The key project features Stowe has delivered across all stages have included the following:
- Minimum design criteria for all services is Tier 3 translating to functional capability delivering 99.982% availability (i.e. has redundant components and multiple paths for power and cooling, less than 1.6 hours downtime per year)
- Delineation and planning of Builder Construction works and post PC works, to accord with Builders and Client time constraints. Key function of this was to ensure MDA/HDA configuration was optimised for maximum end user client flexibility based on unresolved fit-out plans.
- Close liaison with Communications consultant to cost plan and stage the works to ensure compliance with standards and with Builders and clients contractual and functional requirements.
- Planning, installation and procurement of over 40 kilometers of Multi Mode Optical Fibre and over 56 kilometers of Category 6 – 4 pair UTP copper cabling.
- Termination, testing and certification of over 150,000 Cat 6 copper ends, and 60,000 Fibre Optic ends across 2 Tier III Data Halls
- Fabrication, construction installation and finishing of over 4 kilometers of purpose built multi level cable pathways, and over 2 kilometers of standard cable tray, located both at high level and in under plenum space. Design and fabrication of engineered bespoke access cable routes from this pathway system to equipment positions
- Fabrication and Construction of purpose designed extremely high density copper Main Copper Distributer island with hard defined cable routes for any port access front or back, and Secure Fibre Patching facilities.
- Providing ASIO Class C physical security standard cable pathways for cables accessing Stowe supplied Class C secure racks within each Hall.
- Specification, supply and installation of IEC receptacled power rails installed in accordance with electrical system redundancy and resilience
- Integrity of the mechanical services in each data hall under the floor by design through penetrations which maintain static pressure whilst allowing cables to access equipment racks through the floor
- Inclusion of expansion and scalability measures with installed equipment
- Strict compliance with Tier III standards based on the TIA-942 Telecommunications Standards for Data Centres
- Each Stage, either for the Builder or the end user was completed ahead of time and at agreed costs.